Monday, February 21, 2011

Today's Joy: My Lifelong Companion


These last few months have been hard; very difficult for me personally, spiritually and health wise. That's why I'm writing this blog. My super sister told me that I should do one thing everyday that brings me joy. I'm taking that to a different level by keeping this journal of little everyday things that bring me joy. Sometimes finding the good things in life can be very hard when all seems dark, but that's why we need to try even harder to find the light. My joy today (and everyday really, but just really gushing about today) is my husband. Through everything I've gone through, he continues by my side. And when I say I'm high matinence, I'm being modest. Yet he remains. God gave me my perfect mate and when I dwell on it, I couldn't be more filled with joy. Today my lovely man brought me breakfast in bed, and this isn't even a one off kind of thing. He often brings me breakfast in bed, makes me tea when I'm not well, sits up and talks with me all night when I can't sleep. So this is me stopping to realize what a blessing I have in him. Thanks Jesus for making my best friend my life long companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment